Michael and I started our journey together in 1992, when we first met in high school. With the help of our best friend, Amara, we finally "hooked up" and have been "hooked" ever since! Through thick and thin, through troubled youth, and defining our lives as we became adults, we both have come to appreciate all that we have today.
Michael is a Senior Layout Designer at Micrel Semiconductor. He is an amazing drummer, a talented musician, and a loving man. He is sensitive, compassionate, and caring. He is obsessed with hockey, and we couldn't have timed the upcoming birth of our son any better, right before hockey season starts! He is a silly daddy, and fills our home with laughter and chaos.
I was born in Sendai, Japan and moved here to California in 1983. I vividly remember the day, when I left Japan and all my friends to come here and start my life. My youth consisted of practicing the piano for an hour everyday, Kumon, the Smurfs, cordorouy pants, and Nike tennis shoes. My early teens consisted of "pegging" jeans, The Bangles, fruit roll ups, my pink boom box, and big plastic framed glasses. (How did I end up so cool?!?!?!? ha ha)
Today, I am a salon manager of Dustin David Salon in Los Gatos. I have been there for almost 4 years now. I enjoy my work and the team I work with. I couldn't have asked for a better working environment. It challenges my thinking and keeps me on my toes. When I am not at work, I am home with our little "Pooh" (that is what we call Emily). She is the reason I live and breathe. It completes me when she just stares at me not expecting me to say a word, or when she just grabs my hand to put against her soft cheek. Her middle name "Ai" is so suiting for her; it means "Love" in Japanese, and she is full of it. She loves everything and everyone around her. She loves to sing songs, loves to play hard, loves to love, loves to draw, loves music, loves Spongebob, cannot live without chocolate milk, loves mayonaise.
We have 2 doggies, Buster and Hana. Buster is a 5 year old Yorkshire Terrier, and has a mind of his own. He is extremely smart and thinks he is alot bigger than he is. Hana is our 2 year old Japanese Chin and is a love. She is very cat like, just as her breed is known for, and is the most loving and patient dog we have ever known and owned. We also have some fish that keep our tank full (and dirty).
We live with my mom, "Nana". She is an amazing mother, and has been a huge support for Michael and I. She cares for Emily while I am at work, and its been a blessing to have her here with us.
Sean is my younger brother, and my "other other rock". Even though we are 8 years apart, we are closer than ever. He is an extremely talented young man, and has an incredible understanding of music and fashion. He has a love for DJ-ing and for theater. (I guess he loves being the center of attention....hee hee).. He is a loving uncle to Emily and our home is quieter now that he doesn't live with us anymore. He is an amazing cook, and has a great palate for great foods. I have always envied his talents and his confidence.
We are now expecting our 2nd little addition, a little boy. We are so excited and can't wait to meet the little guy. Its been an interesting pregnancy. We had a few little scares here and there....it hasn't been easy. I feel great though, lots of energy but definitely lots more "growing pains" than with Emily. I guess thats the case with your 2nd, so I hear. Due to hit our lives the beginning of November!
Our Journey so far.... - April 16th, 1992 we officially became a couple. (If anyone is wondering, yes, he asked me to be his girlfriend on the phone...it was cute.) - January 11, 2003 we became husband and wife. We got married at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA, amongst our closest friends and family. A day we will never forget....and a long time waiting...... - July 2003 we made our "trek" to Texas, to start our family there. - August 11, 2004, our daughter Emily Ai Zinn was born in The Woodlands, Texas. It was a beautiful and amazing experience. - November 2004 we moved back home to be closer to our family. - November 2008 we are expecting our son.
0 comments:
Post a Comment